2016 Adventure and Dual-sport Bikes are Coming out!
It is that time of year already in the motorcycle industry, new adventure and dual sport bikes are coming out!
Here at WorldCrosser we will keep this list up to date as new ADV and adventure bikes are newly released for 2016!
BMW 2016 – Dual Sport & Adventure Motorcycles:
BMW G 650 GS
All around great bike that is very versatile and affordable for BMW bike.
BMW F 700 GS
Great bike and little more asphalt oriented.
Get specs on 2016 BMW F 700GS here.
BMW F 800 GS
Get specs on 2016 BMW F 800GS here.
BMW F 800 GS Adventure
Get specs on 2016 BMW F 800GS Adventure here.
BMW S 1000 XR
Get specs on 2016 BMW S 1000 XR here.
BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
Get specs on 2016 BMWR 1200 GS Adventure here.
Kawasaki 2016 – Dual Sport & Adventure Motorcycles:
2016 Kawasaki KLR 650 Camo
This is a cool looking adv bike and obviously has a huge fan following. Read more here about this bike.
2016 Kawasaki VERSYS 1000 LT
KTM 2016 – Dual Sport & Adventure Motorcycles:
Suzuki 2016 – Dual Sport & Adventure Motorcycles:
Yamaha 2016 – Dual Sport & Adventure Motorcycles:
2016 SUPER TÉNÉRÉ ES
It comes in a cool Yellow for 2016 too
Yamaha WR 250R
The Blue Ridge Parkways has been coined by some as “America’s Favorite Drive”.
Your can ride the Parkway from Shenandoah National Park in Virginia down to the Great Smoky Mountains in North Carolina. You will experience some great roads, some great views, some great towns, and of course great people. There are so many great towns to see that you would probably want a week or two to ride this great road.
[mapsmarker marker=”5″][mapsmarker marker=”6″]
Here is a list of some great places you can stop on your ride: (these are taken from http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/ which is great resource for planning your ride.
- Biltmore – Asheville, NC +
- Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park – Chimney Rock, NC +
- Great Smoky Mountains Railroad – Bryson City, NC +
- The Natural Bridge – Natural Bridge, VA +
- Staunton Tourism – Staunton, VA +
- The Altapass Orchard – Spruce Pine, NC
- Appalachian Caverns – Blountville, TN
- Barter Theatre – Abingdon, VA
- Blue Ridge Institute & Museum – Ferrum, VA
- The Blowing Rock – Blowing Rock, NC
- Blue Ridge Farm Museum – Ferrum, VA
- Bristol Caverns – Bristol, TN
- Booker T. Washington National Monument – Hardy, VA
- Christ in the Smokies – Gatlinburg, TN
- Cliffside Lake – Highlands, NC
- Cradle of Forestry Historic Site – Pisgah Forest, NC
- Dinosaur Land – White Post, VA
- Elijah Mountain Gem Mine – Hendersonville, NC
- Emerald Village – Spruce Pine, NC
- Flat Rock Playhouse – Flat Rock, NC
- Folk Art Center – Asheville, NC
- Gem Mountain Gemstone Mine – Spruce Pine, NC
- Grand Caverns – Grottoes, VA
- Grandfather Mountain – Linville, NC
- Linville Caverns – Marion, NC
- Lost Sea – Sweetwater, TN
- Luray Caverns – Luray, VA
- Museum of the Confederacy – Appomattox, VA
- Mystery Hill – Blowing Rock, NC
- Natural Bridge Zoological Park – Natural Bridge, VA
- The North Carolina Arboretum – Asheville, NC
- Ober Gatlinburg All Seasons Resort – Gatlinburg, TN
- Oconaluftee Indian Village – Cherokee, NC
- Old Salem – Winston-Salem, NC
- Pisgah Forest Gem Mine – Pisgah Forest, NC
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Gatlinburg, TN
- Roanoke Valley – Roanoke, VA
- Santa’s Land – Cherokee, NC
- Shenandoah Caverns – Shenandoah Caverns, VA
- Skyline Caverns – Front Royal, VA
- The Crooked Road – Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail – Abingdon, VA
- Tuckaleechee Caverns – Townsend, TN
- Tweetsie Railroad – Blowing Rock, NC
- Unto These Hills Outdoor Drama – Cherokee, NC
- Virginia Safari Park – Natural Bridge, VA
- Western North Carolina Nature Center – Asheville, NC
- WNC Farmer’s Market – Asheville, NC
Here is mobile app to help you experience the Blue Ridge Parkway on your Adventure Motorcycle.
Drills, Skills, Tips and Techniques for riding the BMW GS motorcycle off-road.
This adventure motorcycle travel series is also on Netflix.